More and more people are filming videos of themselves to be shown after their death. These can be hugely powerful ways to both say" goodbye" and leave a lasting video legacy. DeadSocial's free 'goodbye' tool is one way to schedule videos to be shown online after death. Other ways include leaving a video with a trusted party or a solicitor.
Things to think about
- Don’t wear thin-stripy shirts, as your video may appear fuzzy when viewed.
- Wear something that reflects who you are.
- Be as serious, creative or somber as you see fit. There isn’t a right or wrong way to do this. It’s your video and should reflect you in today’s world. Stuff to think about…
What should I speak about?
- What is important to you?
- Who inspires you?
- Your family history knowledge?
- A story that you would like to be remembered and recited?
- What is your favourite saying (for example: always look on the Brightside of life)
- What are the highlights of your life (so far)?
- What are the low-lights of your life (so far)?
- Where you and your family are from?
- What your life has been like (to date)?
- What advice do you have for those you leave behind?
- What is your favourite music, art, books, aftershave, sports team?
- What are your religious / political views?
- What your hopes and dreams are for your friends and family? …or anything else that springs to mind. It’s YOUR video and your legacy.
Two very different 'Goodbye' videos
- Lawrence Darani
A video by Lawrence Darani passing down some of his own stories and knowledge to help comfort his friends, family and inform future generations of the Darani family.
To watch more videos by Lawrence and learn from him about creating your own 'ethical will' click here.
- Carla Zilber-Smith
A video by Carla Zilber-Smith passing down comfort through comedy and a smile
What kind of videos will you leave behind?
You can create your own videos with a webcam or a mobile phone. However, if you live in the UK and would like DeadSocial to help you film and edit your ethical will or goodbye videos feel free to get in touch