Date of Last Revision: 26th September 2014
The usage of the website www.DeadSocial.org and it’s services are being provided to you for free by Really Simple Startups Ltd. Company Number. 7926062
Really Simple Startups Ltd are located in the United Kingdom. The trading address is: DeadSocial HQ, Symes Mews 37 Camden High Street Camden, London NW1 7JW
We understand that your privacy and the privacy of messages you create can be hugely important to you and those who read them. Messages sent out using DeadSocial are placed in the public realm however they remain private (a secret) until post death.
It is each user’s responsibility to assign at least one responsible social media will executor (account administrators) for their account. The assigned executors will be fully responsible for the activation of the content assigned to them. The chosen executor is given the option to accept or refuse this request.
DeadSocial will not facilitate the message activation process as we were not entrusted by the user to do so. If an executor does not activate a user’s content then we will not carry this task out.
Social media will executors will have the administrative rights to start sending user’s messages out. They are not however able to view the messages entrusted to them for distribution or any other user messages (apart from their own) until they have been distributed into the public realm.
Social media will executors should be individuals who are trustworthy and would be happy to carry the task out. These are typically a family member, close friend or a solicitor. We also recommend that you mention DeadSocial within your will and state whom you have appointed as your ‘Social Media Will Executors ’.
All messages and distributed using DeadSocial will be sent out to the specified social networks authenticated and chosen by each user. All messages published by users of DeadSocial are sent out onto their public DeadSocial accounts. This ensures that messages will be sent out and seen even in the case of social networking accounts ending, stop running, changing their own internal policies in relation to API’s, third party content etc.
Your privacy is very important to us. We designed our Data Use Policy to make important disclosures about how you can use DeadSocial, share content with others and how we collect and can use certain parts of your information to deliver a high quality experience.
Sharing Your Content and Information
You own all of the content that you create and publish on DeadSocial.
For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (IP content), you specifically give us permission for it to be published and for it to remain on DeadSocial indefinitely. We will not own the content or the IP of the media and information uploaded.
When you integrate DeadSocial with a third party social network the application will ask to access your content and information. Please see any terms of service and conditions by Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin on their respective websites.
DeadSocial is a platform open and free for all to use. We do not moderate messages however we appreciate that content published from the deceased causes a range of emotions. These may on occasions cause upset or be unwanted by one or more recipient. This may depend on the recipient themselves, the time that has passed since the user died and the relationship between the recipient and the deceased. When this occurs the recipients are able to unsubscribe or unfollow the user on one or all of the social networks. This will stop the user’s messages from being seen by the upset recipient(s). If content has been created for an intent to cause upset then we encourage the recipient to contact us directly.
What we expect
We do our best to keep DeadSocial safe, but like all social networks we cannot guarantee it. We feel morally obliged to ensure that your messages are secure and are seen by your friends and family in the future. However in return we expect the following:
- You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on DeadSocial
- You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access DeadSocial through tools such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user using the DeadSocial or any user on a third party social networks that is connected to DeadSocial
- You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not use DeadSocial to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of DeadSocial, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other DeadSocial functionality.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement or our policies.
Registration and Account Security
You will not create more than one account on DeadSocial (unless you are acting on behalf of a less-abled or handicapped person(s) and have attained permission by them to do so.
- You will not use your DeadSocial account for overt marketing activities
- You will not use DeadSocial if you are under the age of 13.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- The social media will executors who you chose to facilitate proceedings once you have passed away are trust worthy and reliable.
- Although we do not generally read and moderate messages if a complaint is made against your account we will investigate the messages that have been distributed. If these messages do not fall within our guidelines your account may be permanently disabled.
- We may remove any content or information you post that violates these terms and conditions of use.
- If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we may be forced to disable your account.
- We encourage our users to tell their friends and family that they have created a DeadSocial account in order to make proceedings easier on those left behind and for users messages to have the widest possible reach.
Advertisements and Other Commercial Content
We will deliver relevant ads and commercial content that are valuable to our users and advertisers. By using DeadSocial you give us permission to use your name and profile picture in connection with that content. We would not give your content or information to advertisers without your consent.
- We can change this statement if we provide you notice by posting the change to you via email or via a notification within the platform.
- We can make changes for legal or administrative reasons, or to correct an inaccurate statement, upon notice without opportunity to comment.
- Your continued use of DeadSocial following changes to our terms constitutes your acceptance of our amended terms.
If you violate the letter or spirit of this Statement, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing DeadSocial for you and in doing so messages you have created may not be sent out.
If you are banned from a social network connected to your DeadSocial account or one or more of these social networks stop trading your messages may still be published on your DeadSocial profile.
You will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute (claim) you have with us arising out of or relating to this Statement or DeadSocial exclusively in a state ran court located in the UK.
If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on DeadSocial, by using this site you indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim. Although we provide rules for user conduct, we do not control or direct users' actions on DeadSocial and are not responsible for the content or information users transmit or share on DeadSocial We are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information you may encounter on DeadSocial. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, or any user of DeadSocial